VAT rates change on the first of January 2018 in Switzerland
VAT rates change in Switzerland on the first of January 2018.Les taux de TVA changent en Suisse au premier janvier 2018. Below are the instructions how to make the required changes in your EZYcount accounting and EZYinvoice systems.
For more general information about the VAT change, see the following detailed post: LINK
Change VAT rates in EZYcount
The new VAT reates have been automatically added to your accounting by the EZYcount team on the 30.12.2017. You find the list of all VAT rates under “VAT->VAT rates”
List of all VAT rates
You have two tasks:
1. You have to activate the rates you want to use and deactivate the old ones.
2. You have to change the default VAT rates in the accounts of the chart of account.
Activate the new rates – deactivate the old rates
- Click on “Show only active rates”.
- Analyse each VAT rate. If one of the two following is correct, deactivate the rate, write down the number aind the name so that you can activate the corresponding new rate. a) The rate is 8% or 2.5% b) The numbers are 301, 311, 321, 331 341 or 381.
- For each deactivated rate, activate a new rate.
Change the default rates in the chart of account
- Go to “Parameters->Chart of account”
- Double click on each account
- If a VAT code is selected, check the code and if needed, select one of the new VAT code.
The procedure to change VAT rates in EZYcount in finished.
The EZYcount team can make these manual changes for your for a fiduciary fee. Contact EZYcount team per email
Change VAT rates in EZYinvoice
- Go to “Parameters->VAT rates”
- Click on “Add a new rate”
- Under “Name” and “Rate”, insert 7.7% and 2.4%.
- If you have linked EZYinvoice with your accounting, under “Accounting number” instert the VAT code of your accoutning.
- Go to “Parameters->Products”.
- For each product, click on “Select” and choose “Modify product”.
- Change VAT rate.
The change procedure is done for EZYinvoice.
Best alternative for Amanda online
best alternative for Amanda online
Amanda online announced the end of its online accounting service. The users need to find another accounting software and transfer all their data until the 18th of April 2016. How can they do:
EZYcount is the alternative for Amanda online if you want to simplify your life. Do not hesitate to call us directly at 027 327 21 11.
The reasons to switch to EZYcount
- Create bookings without saying debit or credit: Use inflows and outflows to describe your cash bookings. EZYcount takes care of the rest.
- Automate bank bookigns: Import your bank account statement into EZYcount for it to pre-generate bookings. It’s always easier when you don’t need to make the whole booking from sratch.
- Collaborate with your fiduciairy by inviting him/her on your accounting for free.
- Work everywhere, anytime with EZYcount cloud.
- For only 200.- per year, you have a solution for your accounting.
How to move from Amanda online to the alternative EZYcount
- Export your data from Amanda online.
- Create your account in EZYcount and type “Amanda Online” in the comment section.
- Start your new accounting and follow the start process.
- Call us if you have a question: 027 327 21 11 or write us: email@example.com
We are here to help you import your data from Amanda Online into EZYcount. Contact us We will support you move your accounting to EZYcount easily!
Update 24.02.2015 – Import bank account statements
We are delighted to announce that it is now possible to importat your bank account statement directly in EZYcount:
- What does it mean?: One of the most time consuming work for a small company is booking the bank account statement at the end of the day, week or month. On top of it, if a typing mistake on the amount happen, it could take a long time and a lot of frustration to find it out!
With the bank account statement importation, you download from your e-banking the bank statement. Import it in EZYcount. All the bookings are pre-filled and you only need to input the offset account (and the VAT if the offset account requires VAT). Check out some pictures at the bottom of this news.
- How can I use it?: Nothing easier than this. Go in your ebanking, download the MT940 file, which is your electronic bank statement and import it in EZYcount. Finish the bookings in a couple of minutes by choosing the offset accounts.
If you cannot download the MT940 file, check our support website or contact your bank ebanking. The MT940 bank account statement delivery is free in all major Swiss banks. Stay updated on our support website to see how to do it by each major bank. Once you asked for the MT940, you will be able to download yourself the file from your ebanking.
- Can I do this with all my accounts?: Sure you can! Currently you can do it with the MT940 from Credit Suisse and Banque Cantonale du Valais. If you work with another bank, contact us and we will include your MT940 in the importation. We are currently working on the Camt053 of Postfinance. Keep updated to know when this is done.
To be sure to receive all the news, follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter or
If you have questions, comments or feedback concerning the update, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org We will make sure to answer you as soon as possible and integrate your feedback in the future EZYcount update!
Update EZYcount of 15.12.2014
After the first months of operations, we are delighted to make available new functionalities for EZYcount. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook or Linkedin to receive all the news.
Here are the main improvements:
- Bookings in currency: It is now possible to book with foreign currencies. For example, if you invoice clients in the Euro-zone, or if you book a hotel bill from last business trip abroad.
- Reminders: Cash management is key in all companies. EZYcount helps you, with the reminder feature, to stay on top of all the money you need to pay or receive. You can now add a reminder to a booking (for example when a customer payment is due) and access all the reminders at once.
- Changes in the booking interface: With the addition of the currencies and reminders, we had to change the booking interface. We hope you will like it; we tried to include all your feedback.
- Direct access for trustees: Trustee have now a dedicated space to register and contact the EZYcount team.
Stay tuned with Facebook, Linkedin or Twitter to get all of it.
If you have questions, comments or feedback concerning the update, please contact us directly at email@example.com We will make sure to answer you as soon as possible and integrate your feedback in the future EZYcount update.