You can create import rules so that EZYcount handles the bookings partially automatically.
You create rules of the type “If the imported transaction contains XXX, then EZYcount makes the entry in account YYY”.
You can specify the transaction import for which the rule is automatically activated, and you can also activate the rules manually on an import that has already been performed.
The rules only apply to bookings that have not yet been made.
Currently, you can create simple bookings with one rule.
The import rules menu
You find the menu of import rules by going to the menu Booking->Import booking and the tab Import rules.
The button “Add rule set” is used to add a rule. Go to how to create an import rule.
- Shows the priority in which the rules are used. If a booking is made with the rules of priority 1, the rules of priority 2 are not applied to this booking.
- Description of the rule.
- Increase or decrease the priority of the rule.
- Change or delete the rule.
Adding or changing a rule
- Give your rule a name that is easy to recognize and decide whether you want to use the rule for all imports or just one type of import.
- The first rule is ready for setup, if you want to create multiple rules, press the “Add Rule” button to add a new rule or the “Add Rule Set” button to add a set of new rules.
- Select whether the rule is mandatory ” AND ” or optional ” OR “. If you choose AND, all rules must be filled in for the booking to take place. If you choose OR, the posting takes place as soon as a rule is filled in.
- Select both the scope of the rule and the possible rule. Go to rule details.
- Select the account and VAT if they differ from the chart of accounts.
Rules currently possible
Value is the search text in the description.
Option describes the possible test:
- equal: the description must be EXACTLY the same as the value.
- starts with: the description starts with the value.
- ends with: the description ends with the value.
- contains: The description contains the value.
Value is the amount to be compared with the amount of the imported posting.
The transaction describes the possible test run:
- Equal: The value is equal to the amount of the imported posting.
- Less than or equal: The value is less than or equal to the amount of the imported posting.
- Smaller: The value is smaller than the amount of the imported posting.
- Greater: The value is greater than the amount on the imported entry.
- Greater than or equal to: The value is greater than or equal to the amount of the imported entry.
The rule is created if the imported transaction has the same currency as the rule.
Inflow / Outflow
The rule only applies to the inbounds or outbounds; it’s up to you.