You want to create a booking in your company.
Or jump directly to the Create a booking troubleshoot.
1) Description of the different parts of the “Simple Booking” page related to the creation of a booking.
- Booking number: The reference number of your booking. By default, the value is “automated number”. EZYcount will take the next available number when you press the button “Save for later” or “Book”.
If you want to use a specific number, you can type it inside the field. Numbers and letters are accepted.
We recommend you to write this number on the supporting document (for example the supplier invoice) to be able to quickly find the booking if you see the document.
- Booking date: The booking’s date. For example, payments are usually booked at the date the money is taken out of your account. This date is on your bank statement.
- Debit account: The debit account. All accounts of your chart of accounts are listed in the drop-down menu. If you start to type the number or the name of the account, the list will then shorten relatively. It is also possible to type the number of the account followed by the key tab to input the account in the field.
- Credit account: The credit account. All accounts of your chart of accounts are listed in the drop-down menu. If you start to type the number or the name of the account, the list will then shorten relatively. It is also possible to type the number of the account followed by the key tab to input the account in the field.
- Amount: The amount of your booking has to be a positive number and follows your rounding rules. In the company settings, you can choose to round all numbers to the nearest 0.05 or 0.01.
- Switch: This button switch the accounts in the booking fron debit to credit. With this button, you quickly see which side is the correct one.
- Description: This field is free for you to describe what is your booking about. The maximal length is 255 characters.
- VAT code (only available if you are VAT registered): The VAT code. All VAT codes activated in the company settings are listed when you click on the field. The code number, the rate and the description are shown. To manage the VAT code, please see the VAT setup support page.
- VAT amount: This amount shows you what is the calculated VAT amount, which will be booked.
- Gross or Net booking (only available if you are VAT registered): Choose if you give as amount the Gross amount or Net amount. The question mark next to the title “Net” explain the principle. If the box is ticked, you give the Net amount. The principle is: GROSS = NET + VAT. The T-View help you to see the influence on your booking if you take one or the other method.
- Add reminder: Open the reminder menu.
- Reminder Date: This is the date on which the reminder should be.
- Reminder Description: This text is shown with your reminder in your reminder’s calendar. Examples could be: “Ask paul if he needs more products” or “Check with Luc about the project 43”.
- Add currency: Open the currency menu.
- Currency: Choose in which currency the booking should be done.
- Rate: Rate linked to the currency. You can organise the currencies in the Company settings -> Currency. It is also possible to change the rate manually.
- “Book” button: Book the booking.
- “Save for later” button: Save the booking. This booking will not impact your balance sheet, income statement or VAT reports. The description field cannot be empty if you save the booking. This is used to save the booking to let someone else finish it. For example your friend who has good knowledge about accounting or your trustee.
- “Cancel” button: Cancel the current booking and empty all the fields.
Before you book the booking, you can have a look at it in the T-View. The numbers 13 to 20 are explained there.
Once you made the booking, you can edit it or delete it.
Create a booking Troubleshoot
- If you have an error message that you don’t understand, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.